Ride-on lawn mowers are perfect for larger properties. Their ability to quickly and efficiently cut large areas of grass makes them a very worthwhile investment, especially for those looking to maintain quality lawns throughout the year, be it on a private residence, park, cemetery, golf course or anywhere else.
Not only will it save ample time compared to other lawn mowers, it’s so much easier to operate when compared to any other lawn mower – plus it is seriously fun to use!
- OEM Part No: 942-0609, 742-0609, 742-04058
- Size: Length: 762mm x Width: 70mm x Distance Side Holes: 63.5mm
- Fast delivery from our UK warehouse
- Official Oypla Branded Product - Brand New Free UK Delivery
- Manufactured from 3cm (1¼in) Powder Coated Boxed Steel
- Anti-tip Design will Support a Mower Weighing as Heavy as 400kg (880lb)
- Maximum wheel to wheel width of 105cm (41¼in)
- Folds down to L115cm x W49.5cm x H20cm (45½in x 19½in x 8in)
- Manufactured from high quality powder coated 3cm boxed steel.
- Anti-slip design, capable of supporting vehicles up to 400kg.
- Compact design folds down for easy storage.
- Easy to operate - simply drive the front / back tyres onto the jack and wind the handle.
- Designed for a maximum wheel width of 105cm.
- For sale one - high quality, heavy duty lawnmower tyres. Size 16x7.50-8
- Excellent value and quality Ride on mower Turf tires, 4ply, tubeless tire, 7.1mm thread depth, tyres
- Wanda P332, Off road tyres, Excellent Grip and Traction on A Variety of Surfaces
- Suitable for ride on lawn mower, garden tractor, digger, mower, golf buggy, cart, Quads, quad trailer, ATV, gators
- Rounded shoulders so no damage caused to the turf when cornering, Overall diameter 410mm, Max width: 182mm, Max load: 680lbs (310kg) at 24psi
Last update on 2017-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of Ride-On Lawn Mowers
There are a few notable types of ride-on mowers, and the overall price will depend on the type purchased. Things such as engine size are available in many options for each type, and you will also have options based on transmission (automatic and manual) and whether they have a bag or simply mulch.
The smallest and most affordable type of ride-on mower, these may lack the power of other models but make up for it in their compact size. This makes them great for smaller lawns, and their narrow size also makes it easier to fit into smaller spaces, including gates, along walls, around the shed etc.
These are bigger than rear engine ride-on mowers, housing a much larger engine that can do more. For instance, they are great for sloping lawns and can even haul trailers, making them a useful, multi-functional piece of equipment.
An upgrade on lawn tractors, this type of ride-on mower is one of the largest on the market, meaning they will offer the most horsepower of any. In fact, they are so powerful that they can perform a lot of farm work, making them the most robust of all ride-on lawn mowers.
Prices for ride-on lawn mowers are much more expensive when compared to any other kind. This makes sense when you consider the nature of the equipment, with each one housing an impressive engine and being designed for driven use.
Average retail prices can vary depending on the make, model, and any features they may have, with prices ranging from around £1,000 to upwards of £2,500.
One great method for saving on a ride-on lawn mower is to buy a used model. As these are machines that are built to last, it can be a great way save money without losing much in the way of performance, with Gumtree and eBay having mowers for under £1,000.
If you want to buy brand new, it will likely a fair bit more. As rear engine ride-on lawnmowers are the most affordable, it’s a great place to start. For example, models such as the Lawnflite 2-In-1 Ride-On Mower start at around £1,200.